Thursday 9 February 2012

Company Ident Evaluation - By Laura Bebber

When deciding upon a design for my ident, I thought carefully about what would specifically relate to our desired genre. I used a fairground as my inspiration as this exciting environment is suitable and enjoyable for all ages. Therefore, our target audience was broadened and we were able to create an opening of any age certificate. I imported sounds of children screaming and laughing in order to reinforce the setting and captivate emotion. I also incorporated evolving music as the title appears to add tension and ensure that our company stands out. I specifically chose to use the colour red as this connotes fire, excitement and passion; something our audience would be experiencing when watching our film. I ensured that the typography remained white so that it would stand out against the fiery background. White represents the absence of colour and so could have a series of connotations for the audience to reflect upon. The font is collaborated of a series of balloons in which once again reflects our company label. This feature improves the realism of our product and reinforces the fun aspect we were aiming to achieve. I decided to put an ‘earthquake’ effect upon the text as it instantly made it more exciting and looked effective in front of the backing image. During the animation, I used a ‘bloom’ effect in order to create a vivid illusion. I feel that this also polished the ident and increased further professionalism.
      If I were to create a different ident in the future, I would trial and error various other effects on Final Cut Pro. This is because I feel that the animation makes our company name somewhat hard to read. I would also sharpen the image of the ferris wheel as it appears to be a little blurred.
      Overall, I feel I was successful with this task as the ident improves the realism of our film opening and looks rather professional. I am happy with the polished appearence of my creation and believe that each individual aspect has a significant purpose. At first I struggled to find inspiration, but as time progressed I developed various ideas into a final piece in which we incorporated into our film.

No comments:

Post a Comment